The RCM is the voice of midwifery and maternity in Scotland. We are the only professional organisation and trade union serving midwifery and the whole midwifery team. RCM Scotland is dedicated to improving the workplace experiences of midwives, maternity support workers (MSWs) and students.
The RCM Scotland vison
- Every midwife and maternity support worker in Scotland sees themselves as part of the RCM.
- The RCM is the expert voice that advocated for members and the profession.
- The RCM positively influences and supports maternity services in Scotland to implement safe evidence-based care.
- The RCM stands up for safety and high standards in maternity services for the care of women and families.
- Key stakeholders look to engage with the RCM recognising our strengths, knowledge and expertise.
Become an Scotland workplace representativeLearn more
Join a Scotland networkScotland networks
Scotland workplace representatives – These roles cannot be underestimated. Without these individuals who are willing to give their time and energies to RCM would struggle to represent and support our members. The skill attained by being a workplace representative helps individuals in their career, and personal and professional development.