The Alliance partnership scheme develops relations with like-minded organisations who share similar values and goals
These partnerships help promote the RCM's work and commitment to maternity professionals.
Partners in the Alliance programme work hard to advance the interests of midwives and the midwifery profession. Shared ethics and ideas combine in dedicated support of midwives and all those touched by their care and the Alliance strives to enhance the wellbeing of women, babies and their families.
Alliance Programme objectives
The objectives are to:
- raise the profile of midwives and the RCM, both internally and externally
- deliver direct benefits, promote and advance the interest of every midwife and the midwifery profession throughout the UK
- consolidate and extend the range of the RCM activities
- support the influence of the RCM with the public and decision makers
- build long-term selective Alliance partnerships to maximise commercial opportunities
- protect and further the care provided by midwives for all mothers, newborns and their families
Current partners of the RCM Alliance programme
Working together to support midwives in caring for mothers and newborn babies.
Working together to support nutrition during pregnancy.
Working together to support healthy weight management, before, during and after pregnancy.
Working together to provide information and support to expectant and new mothers.