Stewards recruit, represent and support members in the workplace. They are advocates of the RCM and ensure that the members they represent are able to deliver high quality care to women. No two workplaces are the same, and the situations a steward can encounter will differ from those of stewards in other workplaces/trusts/boards.
What do stewards do?
- Represent the members where necessary.
- Perform individual casework and conduct some negotiations.
- Provide feedback to members at meetings.
- Support the RCM national officer/regional officer/organiser.
What's in it for me?
- Easily transferable skills that will assist in your career development.
- A role in contributing to the changing role of the midwifery team.
- Gaining greater knowledge of the midwifery profession and service developments.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.