Health and safety representatives
RCM Health and safety representatives represent and support members in the workplace in all matters relating to health, safety and well-being in the workplace. They advise other members on health and safety policy and procedures which may have an impact on their working environment. Responsibilities include investigating potential hazards and the causes of accidents and making representations to the employers on health, safety and welfare matters.
What do Health and safety representative do?
- Enable effective co-operation in promoting and developing a healthy and safe workplace.
- Investigate potential hazards and investigate the causes of accidents.
- Investigate complaints by any RCM member and make representations to the employer on such matters.
- Carry out inspections in accordance with health and safety regulations.
What’s in it for you?
- Acquisition of easily transferable skills that will assist in your career development.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Training in health and safety matters.
- The satisfaction of making a difference to members' working lives, helping others.
- Reasonable time off to carry out your duties