RCM learning representatives are workplace representatives who assist and advise other members on their training and development needs and promote opportunities to access learning. This role advises members on their training and development needs, promotes opportunities to access learning and organises learning events for their branch.
What do Learning representatives do?
- Signposting colleagues to learning opportunities both professional and personal
- Organising learning and development events
- Raising awareness on functional skills and assisting members to address these
- Supporting members in their preparation for appraisal and NMC revalidation (midwives)
- Promoting the value of informal learning
- Liaising with management on furthering the learning agenda for midwives and MSWs.
Download the LR Role Definition.
What’s in it for you?
- Acquisition of easily transferable skills that will assist in your career development.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Gaining greater knowledge of the learning agenda within the NHS.
- The satisfaction of making a difference to members' working lives, helping others.
- Reasonable time off to carry out your duties.