Deliver a Decent Deal. Take action. We deserve better.
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) along with the TUC and all NHS unions will come together on Saturday 18 June in Central London to take the Deliver a Decent Deal pay campaign to the streets and we want you to join us.
Whether it be the cost of living crisis, the impact of the pandemic, high workload and low staffing levels - or all of these things combined. We know that midwives and maternity support workers (MSWs) are angry that yet again the Government have failed to deliver a decent deal when it comes to securing a pay rise for NHS staff.
RCM activists and branches tell us that morale is low and anger is high and that’s why the RCM is calling on all midwives and MSWs to join us on 18 June to say enough is enough.
More information is going to follow over the next few weeks but here is what you can do right now:
- Save the Date - Saturday 18 June 11:00 assemble for a march to Parliament Square and a rally ending at 14:30
- Get in touch with your branch - the RCM is encouraging branches to cover the travel costs for members joining us in London
- Raise this at your staff side - other NHS unions will be mobilising so why not share info and travel
- Bring family and friends - this will be a family friendly event open to everyone who wants things to change for working people
- Get ready to register with us that you are coming - we want to make sure we have enough t-shirts and flags for everyone to make a real visual impact. More details to follow.
Please use the following eventbrite link to register you attendance with the RCM.