Bereavement webinar: Supporting families through pregnancy loss and the death of a baby
The Sands Webinar is an introduction to Bereavement Care.
The voice of bereaved parents and the needs of professionals supporting them are at the centre of the learning materials, which include animations, parent stories and links to useful tools and research. Every webinar includes bereaved parents talking about their experience of care so that participants can hear first-hand what elements of care are effective for families.
Areas of discussion include:
- The parent experience grief, loss and trauma
- Effective communication
- Memory making
- Enabling informed choice
- National Bereavement Care Pathway
- Pregnancy following loss
- Signposting and ongoing support
- Support for health care professionals
Aim of the webinar
To provide the opportunity for participants to gain the knowledge and insight required to provide individualised, sensitive, high quality care to parents who experience pregnancy loss or the death of a baby, before, during or shortly after birth.
At the end of this session participants will be able to:
- Identify the significant impact of grief and trauma in relation to pregnancy loss and the death of a baby for parents and families
- Understand the key elements of communicating sensitively and effectively with bereaved parents and families
- Work within National Bereavement Care Pathway ensuring that all bereaved parents receive equal, high quality, individualised, safe and sensitive care
- Recognise the importance of their own wellbeing when caring for a bereaved family and know the channels of support available to them
Please visit the website for more information.