SMF webinar: midwives as colleagues, scholars and leaders
TNMC Standards of Proficiency for midwives states, that midwives have a multifaceted role as colleague, scholar and leader. The RCM Student Midwife Forum (SMF), recognise that our future careers as midwives may develop in any of these areas of our scope of practice. This webinar, explored career pathways that can be taken as a midwife. With a range of speakers from various backgrounds, from research and education to professional development and midwifery leaders. The panel discussed their careers and how you can develop in your role as a midwife in a number of settings.
Chair: Helen Kaye, University of the West of Scotland
- Zoe Barrett, Specialist Midwife for Maternal Medicine, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Cheryl Clark, Chief Midwife, NHS Lanarkshire
- Dr Zaheera Essat, Senior Midwifery Lecturer, De Montfort University
- Kate Jones, Research Midwife
- Naomi Plant, Improvement Facilitator & RM6, United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust