Have your say on the NHS Scotland pay offer consultation
on 26 June 2018 Pay and Agenda For Change
As a result of our Joint Trade Union negotiations with Scottish government and NHS employers, the Trade Unions in Scotland have for the past 2 months been in negotiations and have now come up with a framework agreement to put to members.
The framework includes a three year pay deal and changes to the pay structure to make it better and fairer. Crucially, the Scottish government has committed new money to pay for the deal – not money taken from patient care.
A key aim of this proposed agreement is to make the whole pay system fairer and better for current and future NHS Scotland staff.
The main features of this are:
- Meaningful increases for top-of-band staff who already benefit from the full rate for the job – for most this would be worth cumulative 9% over the three years. What this means is that it would be 9% of basic salaries as of 31st March 2018 divided by 3 and paid as 3 equal amounts on 1st April from April 2018 (backdated for this year should go through July and August pays) with the final uplift applied on 1st April 2020.
- Increases for staff below top of band through simplifying bands so most staff reach the full rate for the job more quickly – with the combination of reform and incremental progression worth between 9% and 27.7% over the three years
- Removal of band overlaps, to lessen the risk of equal pay challenges
- Improvements to starting salaries to help NHS Scotland attract and retain new staff.
Other Areas of Reform
During the negotiations we have agreed to have further discussions on the following 4 areas of reform:
- policy on the management of sickness absence
- organisational change and protection of earnings
- utilisation and application of TOIL
- appraisal and incremental progression.
Please click here to complete the consultation and have your say on whether you wish to accept or reject the deal.
The RCM online member consultation will close on 14th August 2018.
This Webinar is to present the key aspects of the NHS Scotland AfC pay framework offer. Participants will have the opportunity to clarify their understanding of the offer. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
There are no other areas of reform or changes to terms & conditions as part of these proposals.
Full Information on the proposed pay agreement and online calculator can be read at here