RCM awards five RCM midwife Fellowships for 2019
on 12 June 2019 RCM Fellowship
Five midwives have received a national award from the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) for their contribution to midwifery.
They have received a prestigious RCM Fellowship for their work over many years in a variety of fields within the midwifery profession. The Fellowship is an honour given to just a handful of midwives each year.
The midwives who received the RCM 2019 Fellowships are:
- Dianne Garland SRN RM ADM PGCEA MSc, Founder of MidwifeExpert
- Sarah Gregson, Consultant Midwife, Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Professor Sara Kenyon, Professor of Evidence Based Maternity Care, University of Birmingham
- Amanda Mansfield, Consultant Midwife and Interim Professional Nurse Lead, London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- Professor Julia Sanders PhD, Professor of Clinical Nursing and Midwifery, Cardiff University
Kathryn Gutteridge, President of the Royal College of Midwives, said: “All of these midwives have in many different ways made significant and important contributions to midwifery. Most importantly all of their efforts lead ultimately to better care for women, babies and their families. I congratulate them all on their well deserved achievements."
All five midwives received their Fellowship yesterday at the Royal College of Midwives Education Conference in Bath. A separate media release with more detail on each winner is available from the RCM media office.
For more information on the RCM Fellowships see https://www.rcm.org.uk/influencing/rcm-fellows/
To contact the RCM Media Office call 020 7312 3456, or email [email protected].
Note to editors
The RCM is the only trade union and professional association dedicated to serving midwifery and the whole midwifery team. We provide workplace advice and support, professional and clinical guidance and information, and learning opportunities with our broad range of events, conferences and online resources. For more information visit the RCM website at https://www.rcm.org.uk/.