We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Head of Midwifery Information and Resource Services
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week; Permanent
Location: Bristol- The Promenade, nearest station is Bristol Temple Meads or Clifton Down
Salary: £56,027 per year
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwifery.
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Representing the interests of midwives across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
As Head of Midwifery Information and Resource Services (MIDIRS) you will source, curate and edit high quality and relevant content for publication in line with the RCM’s MIDIRS mission to enable midwives to translate research into clinical practice. You will help us to be the Be the Best We Can Be by:
- Leading the RCM’s multi-professional MIDIRS Team to deliver a publication and service that meets the evolving needs of our users and subscribers
- Managing the MIDIRS Digest’s academic and financial agendas to ensure success and sustainability in a competitive market
- Engaging in strategic decision making and planning to maximise the MIDIRS Digest’s reach and income
We Are Looking for a registered midwife who is a creative and critical thinker, and who has a relevant master’s degree or equivalent qualification. The Successful Candidate will have expertise in managing, supporting and developing a team, as well as being committed to keeping up to date with current issues in midwifery practice.
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and get in touch.
Your RCM Reward Package will include (plus lots more):
29 days annual leave + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- A flexible working environment with opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- An enhanced employee assistance programme, with access to free counselling support, discounts on spending and support resources for all areas of your life
- An interest free loan to support car purchase or a season ticket loan to help you get the best value public transport travel fare
- A relocation allowance where applicable
Closing Date: Tuesday 14 April 2020
Interview & Assessment Date in London: Tuesday 28 April 2020
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.