Proud to be: Black history & cultural month celebration webinar
This special event will give us the opportunity to:
- Celebrate Black history month
- Learn the inspiring stories of RCM/NHS staff and their contribution to the NHS
- Reflect on our own personal journeys and magic
- Explore how we can arrive at a place of greater equality, diversity inclusion
Proud, to be 12.30-1.30pm
Join us for an uplifting and insightful panel discussion and Q&A. Our panel of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic new and emerging leaders and professionals will share their journeys and experiences. Our host will open then ask question and then open up the floor to your questions and reflections.
I, We, All – Inspirational Talk 1.40-2.30pm
Coach-Speaker-Author Rasheed Ogunlaru will deliver an inspiring and empowering masterclass in leadership, equality, diversity and inclusion .This energising and interactive session invites you on a journey of appreciating our individual, interconnected and intersectional selves, teams, organisations and world.
This unique session will take you on a journey through:
- I: embrace your unique gifts, identity and talent and responsibility
- We: appreciating the collective aspirations, need and goals and those of others’
- All: Raising our consciousness and compassion to evoke true transformation
Dr Joan Myers OBE is an inspirational Adult and Specialist Paediatric nurse with over 35 years’ experience. In 2003, became the first and only UK Nurse Consultant for Community Children’s Nursing. Dr Myers was also listed by the Health Service Journal for being one of the 50 most inspirational and pioneering women of racial heritage. In 2013, she received an OBE for recognition of her contributions the health services in the UK and nineteen years of international missionary work. In 2016, received the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Queen Mother Outstanding Award for contributions made in service. Until she recently became a retired entrepreneur in 2019 to be a Trustee and Director at the Florence Nightingale Foundation.