Introductory Stewards Course
This course will be run in accordance with government guidance and may be switched to a virtual event at short notice.
This is a 4 day residential training course and is a combination of self-directed learning and virtual sessions with RCM staff.
An essential first course for all new or less experienced stewards.. There will be pre course activities to complete online in i-learn. The course includes:
- the role and legal rights of an RCM steward
- how to access support and information
- a general overview of employment relations in the NHS
- dealing with members’ problems at work
- using disciplinary and grievance procedures
- negotiating on behalf of members
Course starts on Monday 13.00 and finishes 13.00 on Thursday