Leadership for Maternity Support Workers - Belfast Cancelled
Support workers are employed across the whole range of maternity services and play an essential role in supporting midwives and parents and caring for newborns. Support workers work with women and the wider maternity workforce and have a unique perspective on services. Support workers valuable insight provides an opportunity to shape and enhance the care to women and babies.
This interactive workshop provides an opportunity to appreciate the value of the role and develop skills and confidence in the leadership role of support workers and how they can influence care.
On completion of the workshop, maternity and midwifery staff will be able to:-
- communicate effectively - with colleagues and service users
- negotiate and influence – putting forward your perspective effectively
- understand networks and networking – who? Where? When? Developing a personal network
- demonstrate assertiveness – speaking up and speaking out
- demonstrate resilience – looking after yourself and supporting others