Tell It Right, Start It Right
This study day, provided by the Down’s Syndrome Association, is for all health professionals working in foetal medicine, maternity and neonatal services including midwives, nurses, paediatricians, sonographers and health visitors.
About the day
Specific learning outcomes for the day are to ensure that delegates are best equipped to support parents, in-line with their professional guidelines (NICE, 2008) and care pathways.
Tell It Right aims to provide information about:
- Down’s syndrome that is balanced, accurate and up-to-date
- How best to support expectant parents through the screening process
- How best to impart information to parents and families, following a pre/post-natal diagnosis of Down’s syndrome
- Some common issues which may affect a baby with Down’s syndrome in the early weeks of life.
Tell It Right also aims to encourage delegates to reflect on:
- The decision making process related to screening
- The parents’ perspective
- Life for a person with Down’s syndrome
- We hope to be joined by parents who will share their experiences and also by a person with Down’s syndrome who will talk about their life.
If you would like to discuss arranging a study day at your own hospital please contact us. Please email email@example.com.