Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Eating for 1, Healthy and Active for 2 (Weight Management in Pregnancy) - a half day (3.5 hours).
To support registered practitioners working within Midwifery and/ or Women’s Health Services to know the risks associated with obesity in pregnancy, and the skills required to support healthy and safe weight management through nutrition and physical activity.
By the end of the session participants will be able to understand:
- the risks of obesity in pregnancy (maternal/ foetal & infant)
- the recommendations for weight gain in pregnancy
- maternal nutritional requirements for a healthy and safe pregnancy
- current recommendations for physical activity and exercise during pregnancy
- how to support women to maintain a healthy and safe weight during pregnancy.
Free to Midwives employed within the Health Board.
Contact Andrea Basu by emailing email@example.com or call 07930531389.