Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (PPCM)
PPCM is a rare but potentially life-threatening form of cardiac disease which occurs exclusively in and around pregnancy.
This webinar discussed
- Symptoms of PPCM
- How to recognise when common pregnancy symptoms are no longer normal.
- The impact of experiencing PPCM (a patient perspective)
- Diagnosis and management of PPCM
- Dr Matthew Cauldwell, Consultant Obstetrician and Maternal Medicine Specialist, St. George’s Hospital, London. Honorary Clinical Lecturer, Imperial College, London
- Dr Dawn Adamson, Clinical Lead for ACHD and Obstetric Cardiology Services, University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire
- Two service users will talk about their lived experiences.