This role advises members on their training and development needs, promotes opportunities to access learning and organises learning events for their branch.
What do Learning representatives do?
- Signposting colleagues to learning opportunities both professional and personal
- Organising learning and development events
- Raising awareness on functional skills and assisting members to address these
- Supporting members in their preparation for appraisal and NMC revalidation (midwives)
- Promoting the value of informal learning
- Liaising with management on furthering the learning agenda for midwives and MSWs.
Download the LR Role Definition.
What’s in it for you?
- Acquisition of easily transferable skills that will assist in your career development.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Gaining greater knowledge of the learning agenda within the NHS.
- The satisfaction of making a difference to members' working lives, helping others.
- Reasonable time off to carry out your duties.