Good news stories in London NHS Trusts
on 27 March 2020 RCM Branches
In challenging times the good news and heart warming stories can get over looked. Here are just a few stories from the London NHS Trusts which demonstrate the high esteem that NHS workersnare held in and how communities are banding together.
- Royal Free – Bite Me restaurant has been delivering burgers throughout the day and night for midwives since the beginning of this week (23rd March 2020).
- Waltham Forest – local business came to community office with aprons and gloves for NHS staff.
- Barts Health - Free sandwiches, hot breakfasts, lunches and dinners 24/7 for all NHS staff. Those unable to access the outlets will receive snack boxes.
- St Georges – local caterer bought in 200 individually packed meals for NHS staff.
- Tower Hamlets - Human Aid are donating snacks and drinks for maternity, A&E and ITU every Friday.
- Northwick Park branch - supporting their midwives and MSWs with hand cream and refreshments.
- Lewisham & Greenwich – Hassan (local fruit and veg stall outside the hospital) has donated loads of strawberries to the staff at Queen Elizabeth's in Woolwich.