19 April, 2017 09:00
The Studio, Riverside West, Whitehall Road, Leeds, LS1 4AW
The workshop will support the labour ward leaders to work collaboratively together to develop safe and cohesive teams delivering effective and safe care.
This workshop is now fully booked
This one day interactive workshop brings together a “labour ward leadership team” consisting of two labour ward midwives band 7; one Obstetric lead ; one Obstetric trainee (ST6-7); Head of midwifery (HoM) or a Senior midwife lead with responsibility for LW (Consultant midwife or Matron) and the nominated Board level safety lead.
After the workshop the team will:
- Appreciate the role that the unit leadership and culture has on the provision of safe care
- Appreciate the common challenges in leading and promoting safe labour ward care.
- Understand that collaborative learning, working and practice can improve the environment for women, families and staff
- Develop a greater understanding of communication styles and become more effective communicators within and across professional groups
- Appreciate the similarities and differences in roles of the multidisciplinary team on labour ward.
Cost: Post-pilot courses will be charged at £2000 +vat per labour ward leadership team (6-7 staff) – based on 5 units attending/course.
Places are on a first come first served basis and payment must be received 30 days before the workshop.
Further details acan be found in the workshop letter .
To book your team place complete and sign the terms and condtions and send to email@example.com.