As a Royal College of Midwives student member, we can help boost your degree with hundreds of online resources and short courses, e-journals and e-books, events, workshops, access to our midwifery community of employers, colleagues, researchers and more.
For just £1.67 a month, you'll receive:
- Access to dozens of events each year – including our annual conference, student-focused career events, newly qualified expectations and development
- Subscription to Midwives Magazine and Evidence Based Midwifery Journal
- i-learn – our bespoke platform where you can access over 100 short courses on topics such as Student survival guide, epidurals in labour, maternal high dependency care and more
- Library access – 'Empowering decision making', 'Midwives coping with loss and grief', 'Preeclampsia' and over 100 more ebooks are available via our library webpage. Access your e-books and e-journals today!
- Support and representation during your placement
- Legal advice and representation
- Medical malpractice insurance
The Royal College of Midwives is the only professional organisation and trade union dedicated to serving maternity and the whole maternity team – and that includes student midwives. We have a track record of fighting for our members and your voice matters, and makes us stronger for improving outcomes for maternity staff but also for the women and families in maternity care.
Take a look through our key student hubs: