We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Senior Organiser, Northern Ireland
Contract: Part Time- 21 hours per week; Permanent
Location: Home office based with an expectation of travel within the region and across the UK as required
Salary: Starting at £21,834 per year and rising each year to a maximum of £23,834
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwives and Maternity Support Workers.
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Representing the interests of midwives across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
As Senior Organiser, Northern Ireland, you will:
- Work closely with your colleagues within RCM Northern Ireland team to support the RCM’s organising agenda and activities across Northern Ireland for our membership
- Deliver, coordinate & develop a wide range of services to members
- Build and develop capacity & capability of RCM membership activity
Work with your RCM Senior Organiser colleagues across the UK to lead, coordinate & facilitate national member-facing campaigns, and initiatives across the UK.
You will be required to live within a reasonable travel distance across Northern Ireland and will be expected to travel regularly across that geographical area. Travel to and presence within the RCM’s headquarters in London will be required throughout the year, dependant on meeting requirements.
You will help us to Be the Best We Can Be by:
- Using your in depth understanding and experience of organising and engagement, to organise and recruit members
- Using your strong IT skills, and understanding of organising strategy, to provide analytical support to a range of RCM strategies, publications, products, and policies
- Building strong stakeholder relationships to help you to lobby and campaign for the RCM
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and get in touch.
Your RCM Reward Package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave (pro rata) + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- A relocation allowance where applicable
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- A loan to support car purchase or season ticket
To apply, please complete an application form, available from our website or email [email protected] to request more information.
Closing Date: Sunday 21 March 2021
Virtual Interview & Assessment Date: Wednesday 31 March 2021
During the COVID-19 outbreak interviews will be conducted virtually
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.