We have two exciting new opportunities to join Team RCM:
Regional Officer, North of England (Permanent)
Regional Officer, North of England (Secondment until 31 Dec 2021)
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week, for permanent and secondment
Location: Home based with an expectation of travel across the region
Salary: Your salary will be £44,368 per year
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwives and Maternity Support Workers.
Our purpose is to make a difference in the lives of midwives and maternity support workers to help you to deliver great care. With members from student through to retirement, we are committed to delivering a valuable, supportive, and meaningful membership experience.
We have two exciting new opportunities for you to join our regional team in the North of England, as our Regional Officers.
As our Regional Officer, North of England, you will work collaboratively as part of a regional, multidisciplinary team within our Services to Members team and the RCM’s UK-wide team to:
- Provide professional advice & support on employment relations matters for our members
- Support RCM campaigns, networks, and branches within an allocated geographical patch
- Ensure the RCM’s influence on the development and implementation of maternity policies within an allocated geographical patch
You will be required to live within a reasonable travel distance across the North of England and expected to travel regularly across that geographical area.
You will help us to be the best we can be by:
- Using your knowledge and experience as a registered midwife to understand and support member needs
- Using your knowledge and skills as a practicing midwife to provide professional advice to our members
- Using your experience as an RCM Workplace Representative to support members with employment relations matters
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the job description and get in touch.
Your RCM reward package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave (pro rata) + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- A loan to support car purchase or season ticket
- A relocation allowance where applicable
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer: we
welcome & encourage applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.
Closing date: Wednesday 28 April 2021
Virtual interview & assessment date: Friday 7 May 2021