We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: 'Re:Birth' Research Fellow
Contract: Part Time- 14 hours per week; 9 months Fixed term or Secondment
Location: Home office based
Salary: Part time salary is £17,747 per year (full time equivalent £44,368 per year)
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwives and Maternity Support Workers.
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Representing the interests of midwives across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
As our 'Re:Birth' Research Fellow, you will undertake key research elements of the exciting new ‘Re:Birth’ research project, led by the RCM in close collaboration with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). You will:
- Project manage the RCM’s ‘Re:Birth’ project, and undertake key research elements around the narrative of different types of birth in the UK
- Explore different terminologies or new narratives that may be developed to meet the objectives of UK maternity services, with the aim of reaching a consensus position
- Author and co-author publications using your research findings, including progress reports, academic journal papers, and clinical practice guidance
You will help us to deliver our 'Re:Birth' research project by having:
- A PhD in a relevant health, psychology, or social science subject
- Experience in publishing and presenting research findings
- The ability to effectively challenge with sensitivity and tact, during discussions in relation to deeply held beliefs around this subject
- Experience in working with a diverse range of stakeholders
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and get in touch.
Your RCM reward package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave (pro rata) + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- A flexible working environment
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own £500 personal development budget
- Corporate discounts and 24/7 support through our Employee Assistance Programme
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.
Closing Date: Wednesday 21 April 2021
Virtual Interview & Assessment Date: Thursday 29 April 2021
During the COVID-19 outbreak interviews will be conducted virtually