We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Policy Advisor
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week; Permanent
Location: London RCM HQ - nearest tube station is Oxford Circus
Salary: Starting at £44,065 per year and rising each year (including £5,063 London Weighting)
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwifery.
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Representing the interests of midwives across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
As the RCM's Policy Advisor you will bring your experience in policy, campaigning and research to work as part of the RCM’s External Relations Team to:
- analyse and evaluate health, social care and economic policy on maternity and midwifery issues across the UK
- provide advice and support to a range of RCM activities, strategies, publications, products, policies in the area of campaigning and policy work
- contribute to the formulation and development of policy which enhances the RCM’s provision of guidance
You will help us to Be the Best We Can Be by:
- using your sector knowledge to provide advice/guidance on specific policy related queries
- using your experience in writing for publication to produce briefings, materials, articles, speeches and presentations
- using your innovative thinking and ability to take decisions in your role as operational lead for projects, campaigns and networks
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and get in touch.
Your RCM Reward Package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave per year + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- A flexible working environment with opportunity to work from home 1 day per week
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- Corporate discounts and 24/7 support through our Employee Assistance Programme
Closing Date: Tuesday 16 July 2019
Interview & Assessment Date in London: Monday 29 July 2019
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.