We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Policy Advisor
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week; permanent
Location: Flexible - Office based at either London HQ, Cardiff, Belfast, or Edinburgh, or home based, with expectation of travel to London HQ for meetings as required
Salary: Starting salary £44,368 per year plus £5,215 London Weighting if applicable
Our mission is
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Who we are
We are a progressive trade union, concerned with all aspects of our members' working lives and everything that impacts on this. Representing the interests of midwives and maternity support workers across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
About the role
As the RCM’s Policy Advisor, you will work within our dynamic External Relations team. You will take a lead role in interpreting and influencing health policy, political and social issues and workforce matters as these impact on the lives of RCM members. You will:
- Analyse and evaluate health, social and economic policy and their implications for maternity services and RCM members.
- Provide support, guidance, and advice to the UK-wide Team RCM and our external partners.
- Contribute to the formulation, development, and dissemination of RCM policy.
You will be a self-motivated team member and able to work on your own initiative.
You will help us to be the best we can be by:
- Using your excellent knowledge of public services policy, workforce planning, health economics or related fields
- Using your innovative thinking to lead the operation of projects, campaigns, and networks.
- Using your experience of writing for publication to produce briefings, presentations, articles, and blogs
If this sounds like the next exciting challenge for you, please review the Job Description and Person Specification and get in touch.
Your reward package
Your RCM reward package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave per year + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- A flexible working environment with opportunity to work from home
- Corporate discounts and 24/7 support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- A loan to support season ticket
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
The RCM is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Closing Date: Tuesday 5 October 2021
Virtual Interview & Assessment Date: Monday 18 October 2021