We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Organiser, Midlands and East of England
Contract: Full Time- 35 hours per week; Permanent
Location: Home office based within the region with travel across required
Salary: Starting at £30,722 per year and rising each year to a maximum of £34,412
The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the leading professional organisation and trade union for Midwives and Maternity Support Workers.
- Promoting midwifery, quality maternity services and professional standards
- Supporting our members, individually and collectively
- Influencing on behalf of members and the women and families they care for
Representing the interests of midwives across the UK individually and collectively, we strive to promote excellence, innovation and leadership in the care of childbearing women, the newborn and their families, locally, nationally and internationally.
As Organiser, Midlands and East of England you will work collaboratively as part of a regional team within the RCM's Services to Members team in England and UK-wide team to:
- Deliver a wide range of services to build capacity and capability amongst our members
- Coordinate and support local & regional campaigns, events, networks and branches
- Work closely with the UK-wide organising resources on the delivery of the RCM’s organising & engagement strategy
You will be required to live within a reasonable travel distance of all areas of the Midlands and East of England region and will be expected to travel regularly across that geographical area.
You will help us to Be the Best We Can Be by:
- Using your organising or related experience to support RCM activities and events
- Keeping up to date with the needs of RCM members to support and deliver training events
- Using your strong relationship building and communication skills to provide ongoing insight and feedback from our members
- Using knowledge of social media and other platforms to deliver effective digital communications to support organising & engagement
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and get in touch.
Your RCM Reward Package will include (plus lots more):
- 29 days annual leave + 3 extra days at Christmas + 8 bank holidays
- A relocation allowance where applicable
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- An interest free loan to support car purchase or a season ticket loan to help you get the best value public transport travel fare
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
Closing Date: Sunday 23 August 2020
Virtual Interview & Assessment Date: Thursday 3 September 2020
During the COVID-19 outbreak interviews will be conducted virtually
The RCM is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.