We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Director, Professional Midwifery
Contract: Full time (35 hours/week); permanent
Location: Flexible- RCM London HQ Office or homebased. UK travel as required.
Salary: Starting at £71,169 per year and rising each year to a maximum of £76,993 per year (plus £5,215 London Weighting if applicable)
Who we are
The RCM has the vision to be the expert voice of Midwifery locally, nationally, and internationally. With members from student through to retirement, we are committed to delivering a valuable, supportive, and meaningful membership experience. As one of the RCM’s Directors Team you will be an important contributor to our vision and commitment.
About the role
As our Director, Professional Midwifery and a proactive member of the RCM’s Director team, you will:
- Drive and deliver the RCM’s professional education and research agenda through leadership and direction, ensuring that the RCM’s position as the UK’s principal professional association and trade union is sustained.
- Provide a UK wide corporate role and be a prominent midwifery voice as part of the leadership team representing the expert voice of midwifery for the RCM.
- Take accountability for the successful delivery of a portfolio of strategic and operational programmes and projects relating to education and research and in accordance with the RCM’s strategic business plan.
Your reward package
Your RCM reward package will include (plus lots more):
- Full home office set up and modern equipment to support your work if you choose to be home based
- 29 days annual leave per year (pro rata if part time) + 3 extra days in the December festive period + 8 bank holidays
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including corporate discounts
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and Person Specification and get in touch.
The RCM is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Closing Date: Wednesday 24 August 2022
Interview & Assessment Date in London: Wednesday 7 September 2022