We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Director, Field Services
Contract: Full time (35 hours/week); Permanent
Location: Flexible- Choose to be based from one of the RCM’s UK offices (London HQ, Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh) or home based, with travel to RCM offices and for other meetings, events and visits as required.
Salary: Starting at £69,773 per year and rising each year to a maximum of £75,483, (plus £5,215 London Weighting if applicable)
Who we are
The RCM has the vision to be the expert voice of Midwifery locally, nationally, and internationally. With members from student through to retirement, we are committed to delivering a valuable, supportive, and meaningful membership experience.
About the role
As our Director of Field Services, you will work closely with the RCM’s Executive Director, Trade Union to:
- Lead on the delivery of all aspects of the RCM’s field services offer to our membership across the UK.
- Ensure the RCM’s position as the UK’s principal trade union and professional organisation for midwifery is sustained.
- Translate the RCM’s national strategic and operational ambitions into effective services to members.
You will help us to be the best we can be by:
- Using your leadership skills, trade union experience and corporate focus
- Understanding of the application of trade union policy and processes to the midwifery profession, the maternity agenda and how these affect the RCM’s members.
- Working strategically as well as managing and coordinating teams to deliver operational output.
Your reward package
Your RCM reward package will include (plus lots more):
- Full home office set up and modern equipment to support your work
- A relocation allowance where applicable
- 29 days annual leave per year + 3 extra days in the December festive period + 8 bank holidays
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- A loan to support car purchase
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and Person Specification and get in touch.
The RCM is an Equal Opportunities employer.
We welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Closing Date: Wednesday 5 January 2022
Virtual Interview & Assessment Date: Friday 14 January 2022