We are offering the following exciting opportunity to join Team RCM:
Role: Director, Employment Relations
Contract: Full time (35 hours/week); Permanent
Location: Flexible- Choose to be based from one of the RCM’s UK offices (London HQ, Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh) or home based, with travel to RCM offices and for other meetings, events and visits as required.
Salary: Starting at £69,733 per year and rising each year to a maximum of £75,483, (plus £5,215 per annum London Weighting if applicable)
Who we are
The RCM has the vision to be the expert voice of Midwifery locally, nationally, and internationally. With members from student through to retirement, we are committed to delivering a valuable, supportive, and meaningful membership experience. As the RCM’s Director, Employment Relations you will be an important contributor to our vision and commitment.
About the role
As our Director, Employment Relations you will be an important contributor to our vision and commitment.
You will lead on all aspects of the RCM’s trade union offering relating to every aspect of the working lives of the RCM’s members.
You will achieve this through employment relations influence and negotiations and our external relationships.
You will help us to be the best we can be by using your:
- Knowledge of employment relations and the relevant machinery and policy considerations.
- Understanding and championing of equality, diversity and inclusion. Taking a strategic leadership role that delivers on our equality aims.
- Negotiation skills, and your ability to operate and influence effectively at a National level.
Your reward package
Your RCM reward package will include (plus lots more):
- A relocation allowance where applicable
- 29 days annual leave per year + 3 extra days in the December festive period + 8 bank holidays
- A flexible working environment with opportunity to work from home
- Professional development opportunities tailored to support your career aspirations with your own personal development budget
- Corporate discounts and 24/7 support through our Employee Assistance Programme
- An attractive employer supported pension scheme
- A loan to support season ticket purchase
If you think you have the skills we are looking for and that this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please review the Job Description and Person Specification and get in touch.
The RCM is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants meeting the criteria will be invited to interview.
How to apply
Closing Date: Sunday 9 January 2022
Virtual Interview & Assessment Date: Tuesday 18 January 2022